Photo courtesy of Suffolk County Historical Society
Local art history
* ‘Los Jovenes de Oaxaca: Photos from the Revolution,’ an exhibit of wall paintings by young Mexicans documented by Poppy Johnson, opens at Floyd Memorial Library in Greenport with a reception on Saturday, July 10, at 3 p.m. The show runs through Aug. 6.
* North Fork artist Carolyn Francis will be the featured artist at L’Orangerie Fine Art Gallery in Greenport July 10-Aug. 2. The show opens with a champagne reception on Saturday, July 10, from 6 to 8 p.m.
* Photographs by Robert DeCandido will be on display at Riverhead Town Hall through Sept. 10.
* East End Arts Council in Riverhead will offer watercolor painting classes with Elizabeth Greaf on Mondays from 10 a.m. to noon from July 12 through Aug. 23 (no class July 26). Cost is $144 for EEAC members and $180 for nonmembers. Call 369-2171.
* ‘Organic Girl Chronicles,’ paintings, monotypes and graphics by Caroline Waloski, will be on display at Sirens’ Song Gallery in Greenport through Aug. 30.
* A music and art celebration will be held Friday, July 9, from noon to 2:30 p.m. at the Green Earth Cafe in Riverhead to mark the auction of John Lennon’s lyrics to “A Day in the Life,” held last month at Sotheby’s. Artist and animator Don Duga will showcase Beatles artwork he created and musicians Andrew Wargo, Paul Barkan, Chris Colantuono and others will perform Beatles songs. Call 369-2233.
* Paintings by Annie Wildey will be on display at Lenz Winery in Peconic through August. An artist’s reception will take place Saturday, July 10, from 6 to 8 p.m.
To send arts news, e-mail [email protected], fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Wednesday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.