• The New Forms Group will hold an exhibition and sale Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 4-5, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., at Ivy Acres in Baiting Hollow. The group includes C.C. Bookout, Harvey Hellering, Joan Rogers, Alice van de Wetering and Harry Wicks. Call 722-8212.
• ‘When Improvisation Comes Into Play,’ a program of new music by contemporary composers, will be presented by the Long Island Composers Alliance at 2 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 5, at Cutchogue-New Suffolk Library. The concert features works by composers George Cork Maul, Alexander Nohai-Seaman, Michael Poast and Marga Richter, who will be in attendance. Musicians include Hidden City members Steve Watson, Terry Keevil, Richard Vaudrey and Mr. Maul.
• Orient resident Holly Mastrangelo opens her first photography show, ‘Visions of the North Fork,’ with a reception Sunday, Dec. 5, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., at Sparkling Pointe in Southold. The New York City band Knockout Drops will perform. The show runs through December.
• Paintings by Anna Jurinich and Nick Cordone will be on display at the Rosalie Dimon Gallery in Jamesport through Feb. 3. An artists reception will take place Sunday, Dec. 5, from 3 to 5 p.m.
• The East End Arts Council in Riverhead has issued a call to artists for its annual all-media, non-juried members show. This year’s theme is ‘Miniatures.’ One entry per member will be accepted; non-members can join EEAC at the time of submission. Works must be dropped off in person Jan. 6, 7 or 8 between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Call 727-0900 for size and format requirements. The show runs Jan. 14-Feb. 25, 2011.
• EEAC has added three new members to its board of directors: Sal Dilberto, Edward Pennfield and Dr. Charles Riley II.
• Don Duga, animator of holiday classics such as “Frosty the Snowman” and “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer,” will teach animation workshops at the EEAC School of the Arts on Thursdays, Dec. 2 and 9, from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Cost for both sessions is $60 for members, $75 for non-members. Call 727-0900.
• Jim DeSario will host a seminar on ‘How to Photograph your Artwork’ Saturday, Dec. 4, from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. at EEAC. Cost is $35 for members, $50 for non-members. 727-0900.
• The EEAC Holiday Marketplace opens Friday, Dec. 3, with a reception from 5 to 7 p.m. at the EEAC Gallery and will be open Wednesday through Sunday, noon to 6 p.m., through Dec. 23.
To send arts news, e-mail [email protected], fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Wednesday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.