• A support group for caregivers who look after the elderly or chronically ill will meet Tuesday, Jan. 20, from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. at the Southold Town Senior Center on Pacific Street in Mattituck. Call 298-4460 for information.
• The January employee of the month at San Simeon by the Sound is Seth Tramontana of Greenport, a valued three-year member of the facility’s maintenance and housekeeping team. Mark Velazquez, director of plant operations, described Mr. Tramontana in a release as “a hard-working employee [who] can always be counted on.”
• A free session of Tai Chi with instructor Denise Gillies will take place Sunday, Jan. 18, from 1:30 to 3 p.m. in the schoolhouse annex of the town recreation center on Peconic Lane. Part of North Fork Reform Synagogue’s health and wellness series, the session will introduce the ancient Chinese practice, which can help reduce stress and improve balance, flexibility and mental focus. Light refreshments will be served. For more information, call 631-921-3345 or visit northforkreformsynagogue.org.
• Peconic Landing in Greenport has named Ellen Pawlowski, a cook in the dining services department, as employee of the month for January. In a release, dining services director William Bjornholm said, “In the short time she has been here she has really assimilated into the Peconic Landing culture [and] has become a ‘go to’ person in the kitchen.”
Ms. Pawlowski, he continued, “is another ‘behind the scenes’ gem, who works with dignity, focus and drive each day.”
• Weekly Al-Anon meetings take place on the North Fork on the following schedule: Monday at 7 p.m. and Tuesday at noon at Cutchogue Presbyterian Church; Wednesday at 7 p.m. at First Universalist Church, Southold; and Thursday at 7 p.m. (open adult child meeting) at Church of the Redeemer, Mattituck.
To send Health Beat news, email [email protected], fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Friday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.