* Marie Beninati has been named president of the Board of Directors of San Simeon by the Sound Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation. Ms. Beninati, president of Beninati Associates Real Estate in Southold, was treasurer. She is a finance professional, a certified public accountant and has an MBA from Adelphi University.
Ms. Beninati was vice president of finance for Macy’s and a finance consultant for IBM. She replaces retiring board president Robert Wieczorek.
Ms. Wieczorek and his wife, Dr. Rita Wieczorek, along with the parishioners of St. Peter’s Lutheran Church in Greenport, will be honored at San Simeon’s Cocktails by the Bay fund raiser at the Shelter Island Yacht Club at 4 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 1. The Merry Makers will provide live calypso music and silent auction will be held. Free passage to Shelter Island will be offered aboard the Plum Isle with trips leaving Greenport at 3. 3:30 and 4 p.m. Tickets are $125. Call 477-2110 ext. 252.
* Dr. Barbara Prestano of Peconic Ear, Nose and Throat will discuss Our Ears and the World of Sound at Peconic Landing Friday, July 23, at 2:30 p.m. It’s the first of a three-part series and will deal with how the ear works and what happens when a patient experiences a hearing loss. Call 477-9600.
* Eastern Long Island Hospital’s North Fork Bounty Gala, hosted by Luba and Luis Corso at their Cutchogue home, will feature a continuous banquet of food from North Fork restaurants, will be held on Saturday, Aug. 14, at 3 p.m. with cocktails and a raw bar. The evening will include a live auction and an as yet unidentified celebrity guest. Tickets are $175. Call 477-5164.
* An eight-week T’ai Chi practice program begins on Tuesday, July 27, 9-10 a.m. at Mattituck-Laurel Library. The cost is $25 for all eight sessions.
The library is also hosting a six-week pilates program beginning Wednesday, July 28, 6:30-7:30 p.m.. Bring a mat and water. The fee is $45 for all six sessions. Call 298-4134.
* Cutchogue-New Suffolk Library will host a free program with Monica Bennett on the Seven Levels of Awareness on Tuesday, July 27, at 6:30 p.m. Ms. Bennett will discuss how to increase consciousness and change limiting patterns in your life. Call 734-6360.