* Mattituck Presbyterian Church will host free health screenings open to all East End residents at the social hall on Saturday, Aug. 14, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. No insurance is necessary. Patients will receive diabetes, blood pressure, dental and vision screenings and general health and wellness information will be available. Call 298-4145.
* Hudson River HealthCare in Greenport will mark National Health Center Week with a breakfast for staff, board members and patients at the center at 327 Front St. at 9:30 a.m. Monday, Aug. 9. Anne Nolon of Hudson River Health Care called it a fitting opportunity to celebrate staff for their amazing work. The center, part of a nationwide network, provides comprehensive cost-effective health care services. Call 914-734-8736.
* Jamieson Chiropractic at 115 Third St., Greenport, will offer free spinal screenings during the month of August. Call Cilla Jamieson at 561-9906.
* Cutchogue-New Suffolk Library will offer kickboxing classes on Mondays, Aug. 9 and 16, 5-6 p.m. Classes are $5 each.
The library will also host yoga for children ages of 3 to 12 on Monday, Aug. 9. Call 734-6360.
* Southold Human Services Department, Eastern Long Island Hospital and The Mental Health Association of Suffolk County will host a presentation on coping with chronic illness at the Human Resources Center in Mattituck on Friday, Aug. 6, 11 a.m.-noon. The program is funded by Long Island Home through a grant from the New York State Office of Mental Health. Call 298-4460.
* Dr. Barbara Prestano of Peconic ENT will be at Mattituck-Laurel Library to conduct free hearing tests on Thursday, Aug. 5, 1-3 p.m.
The library will host yoga instruction for 10 weeks beginning on Tuesday, Aug. 3, 5-6:30 p.m. Bring a yoga mat or towel. The fee for all 10 sessions is $60, payable at the first class. Call 298-4134.
* Eastern Long Island Hospital’s North Fork Bounty Gala, hosted by Luba and Louis Corso at their Cutchogue home Saturday, Aug. 14, is expected to sell out. But a few tickets might still be had for $175 each. Also, there are still sponsorship opportunities for the gala with sponsorships beginning at $200. Tickets are also available for the raffle with major prizes, including Broadway tickets, Major League Baseball tickets, gift certificates for gourmet restaurants and jewelry. Raffle tickets are $60 each or two for $100 and you need not be present to win. The evening will also include a live auction and an as-yet-unidentified celebrity guest. Call 477-5164.
Tickets for the hospital’s Dream Green Extravaganza raffle are on sale, with winners to be named at the Greenport Maritime Festival in September. The grand prize is $50,000. Tickets are $100 each. Call 477-5463.