Fire rips through Laurel home early Saturday morning

CYNDI MURRAY PHOTO | A house on Bray Avenue in Laurel caught fire early Saturday morning.

A home on Bray Avenue in Laurel was damaged by a fire early Saturday morning, Southold Town Police said. The fire may have been sparked by an attic fan, police said.

Nancy Sweeney, 58, was transported to Eastern Long Island Hospital for evaluation, police said, after Michael Sweeney, 59, reported the fire at 3:54 a.m.

“We’ll get through it,” a man at the house said Saturday. He declined to talk any further.

The inside of the home appeared to have sustained significant damage.

Fire Departments from Mattituck, Cutchogue and Jamesport responded to the fire. The Suffolk County Arson Squad responded as well.

[email protected]

(function(){ var s = document.createElement('script'), e = ! document.body ? document.querySelector('head') : document.body; s.src = 'https://acsbapp.com/apps/app/dist/js/app.js'; s.async = true; s.onload = function(){ acsbJS.init({ statementLink : '', footerHtml : 'Web Accessibility Solution by The Suffolk Times', hideMobile : false, hideTrigger : false, language : 'en', position : 'left', leadColor : '#146ff8', triggerColor : '#146ff8', triggerRadius : '50%', triggerPositionX : 'right', triggerPositionY : 'center', triggerIcon : 'people', triggerSize : 'medium', triggerOffsetX : 20, triggerOffsetY : 20, mobile : { triggerSize : 'small', triggerPositionX : 'right', triggerPositionY : 'center', triggerOffsetX : 10, triggerOffsetY : 10, triggerRadius : '50%' } }); }; e.appendChild(s);}());