A Riverhead man found sleeping in a parked car on the side of Oregon Road in Cutchogue was arrested when police found he was in possession of cocaine, according to Southold Town police.
Nicholas Disalvo, 26, was charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance. Officers noticed a smell of marijuana when they approached Mr. Disalvo in his car. He was also charged with a violation for unlawful possession of marijuana. He was released on $100 bail.
• A Mattituck woman’s garage was struck by lighting around 1:16 a.m. Saturday, police said. Upon arriving on the scene, police found that an exterior dryer vent had been struck, causing a small fire in the wall of the garage. The fire was extinguished and members of the fire department determined the structure was safe.
• Last Monday around 1:53 p.m., a Southold woman contacted police to report that a gold 2007 Toyota Highlander had been parked on Beckwith Avenue in Southold for over a month and that she saw someone break the vehicle’s rear driver side window. Police contacted the owner, a Greenport man, who removed the vehicle.
• A Greenport woman told police last Tuesday around 11:37 p.m. that her landlord, a Southold man, arrived at the residence late at night and began causing a disturbance in the basement. She said the landlord refused to stop, claiming that he was working on the building. Police advised him to cease his work and continue during the daytime, to which he agreed and left the residence.
• A Greenport man driving westbound along Route 25 collided with the vehicle of a Newburyport, Mass. man around 9:14 a.m. last Thursday, police said. The Greenport man began slowing down, signaling to turn right into the parking lot at 50 Route 25 in Laurel, when the other driver, who was following too closely, swerved in attempt to avoid an accident. The Greenport man, unaware that the Newburyport man was passing him, began turning and the two vehicles collided. No injuries were reported.
• An anonymous caller told police around 10:35 a.m. Friday that a black 1999 Lincoln Navigator had been parked on the side of the road in
Cutchogue, without license plates. Police found the vehicle and instructed the owner to remove it from the roadway as soon as possible.
• A Greenport man reported around 3:39 a.m. Monday that a man in a hooded sweatshirt was on the front porch of his home. Police arrived to the scene and found another Greenport man, intoxicated and sleeping on the porch. They escorted him to his residence.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.