Suffolk County Route 48, commonly known as the North Road, was added to the county road system in 1930. The artery, which runs from Sound Avenue in Mattituck to Route 25 in Greenport, was originally called CR 27. It was renumbered in 1988 to avoid confusion with NY Route 27, which runs along the south shore Long Island.
The differences in names took on a new wrinkle this summer when signs started to appear calling it Middle Road. READ
Back in September, a group of state, county and local officials, along with some Suffolk Community College cheerleaders and their “Shark” mascot, gathered for a groundbreaking ceremony in front of a sign that read: “The Future Home of the Eastern Campus Health & Wellness Center.” READ
FILE PHOTO | Southold Town Hall.
Members of Southold Town’s Zoning Board of Appeals are requesting the Town Board review and possibly amend its code on accessory apartments. (more…)