A Mattituck man was charged with driving while intoxicated while allegedly speeding on Ponquogue Avenue in Hampton Bays just before 3 a.m. Saturday.
Southampton Town Police said James H. Pape, 27, was charged with DWI, speeding and moving from his lane unsafely.
He was taken to police headquarters and held for arraignment.
• Paul C. Murphy of Mattituck was charged with DWI just after 3 a.m. on Aug. 9, after he struck a signpost at the intersection of Route 25 and Tuckers Lane in Southold. Police said Mr. Murphy was likely speeding at the time of the accident.
• A resident of Corey Creek Lane in Southold reported on Aug. 8 that someone broke into his house between July 21 and Aug. 8, while he was away. A 42-inch Magnavox plasma television, an Xbox and seven computer games and 12 DVDs were reported missing. Police said a fuel tank, hammer, drill and sawzall saw also were stolen from an unlocked shed, though those items might have been stolen at another time. Police said the thief likely gained entrance to the house by breaking a glass pane on a side door.
• A resident of Washington Avenue, Greenport, reported on the morning of Aug. 7 that someone removed a hanging cucumber plant from a post in her backyard.
• A Coleman Crawdad plastic johnboat was found drifting in Plum Gut on the evening of Aug. 7. The boat was last registered to Carlos Solano of Woodside in 2006. Police said the boat was filled with sand and stones and they could not contact Mr. Solano.
• A Sound Avenue, Mattituck, business owner reported on the evening of Aug. 7 that someone stole $1,500 worth of scrap copper from a dumpster on his property. The man told police this was the second time someone had stolen copper from his property.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.