Orient firefighters snuff out house fire on Youngs Road

(Credit: Google Maps)
(Credit: Google Maps)

A pile of rags used to varnish an Orient home’s floors “self ignited” Tuesday night, filling one of the rooms with heavy smoke, according to the Orient Fire Department. 

Firefighters were called to the Youngs Road property at around 6:45 p.m. and found the homeowner outside the house, said Orient Fire Chief Robert Haase.

Fire crews entered the house and discovered the source of the fire, dousing it and clearing the smoke out of the residence, Chief Haase said. By 7:30 p.m., all firefighters were back in service.

No injuries were reported in the fire.

[email protected]