PSEG Long Island workers will be trimming trees, installing new utility poles, setting up more weather-resistant wiring and upgrading its systems to have less customers affected by outages across Southold Town this month.
Projects from Mattituck to Orient spanning about five miles in total are now in the works.
The following roads will be worked on by PSEG employees. Check below for a map of the roadwork:
- Main Road between Heath Drive and Hales Road and Diedricks Road
- Main Road between Platt Road and Tabor Road
- Main Road between Manor Hill Lane and Alvahs Lane
- Main Road between Cardinal Drive and Moores Lane
- Marratooka Lane between Main Road and New Suffolk Avenue
- New Suffolk Avenue between Marratooka Lane and Ole Jule Lane
- Sage Boulevard between State Route 25 (Main Rd) and dead end
- Main Road between A Road and Bay Home Road
- Main Road between Jockey Creek Drive and Wells Avenue
- Peconic Lane between Middle Road and Main Road
- Main Road between Harvest Lane and Indian Neck Lane
In addition, switching equipment will be installed at:
- Main Road between Bight Road and Windward Road
- Sage Boulevard east of Main Road
- The intersection of Boisseau Avenue and Route 48
- Main Road between Skunk Lane and Indian Neck Lane
PSEG crews will work on the poles from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday, with some evening and Sunday work. No work will be done on major national holidays.
Drivers can expect “minor” traffic interruptions for safety reasons, according to PSEG.