COURTESY PHOTO | There will be plenty of Valentine's Day specials around the North Fork for you Tuesday.
Looking to take that special someone out for a Valentine’s Day dinner? We’ve scoped out a handful of romantic dinner deals throughout the North Fork and have listed them below:
Desmond’s Restaurant at East Wind Caterers, Inn & Spa
5720 Route 25A, Wading River
Three Course Dinner, $29.95 per person
• Choice of appetizer: Roasted red pepper bisque with basil crème fraiche; Fresh mozzarella with beefsteak tomato; Blue Point oysters on the 1⁄2 shell champagne mignonette; Desmond’s salad; Petit cheese ravioli bolognese; Jumbo shrimp cocktail ($5.00 add).
• Choice of entree: Grilled marinated flank steak with roast garlic mashed potatoes and horseradish cream; Pollo al “Mattone;” Baked Atlantic cod with chive risotto and tomato beurre blanc; Seared sea scallops with applewood bacon grits and shitake mushroom ragout; Wild mushroom risotto with white truffle oil and shaved parmesan; Filet Mignon au Poivre ($7.00 add); Sautéed jumbo shrimp with champagne garlic butter and basmati rice ($5.00 add).
• Choice of dessert: Chocolate molten cake with strawberry chantilly cream; Raspberry crème brulee with almond biscotti; Fresh pear tart with caramel and vanilla whipped cream; Lemon ricotta cheesecake with preserved strawberries. Includes coffee or tea.
Parto’s Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria
12 West Main Street, Riverhead
• A complimentary glass of wine and a red rose for your sweetheart with purchase of two entrees.
Bistro 72 at Hotel Indigo
1830 West Main Street, Riverhead
• Trevor Davison plays romantic piano music from 6:30 to 10:30 p.m.
17 East Main Street, Riverhead
• Free chocolates and champagne.
Four Doors Down
10560 Main Road, Mattituck
• Three course dinners, $27.95 per person includes glass of wine, chocolate-covered strawberries and a fresh rose for your Valentine.
Touch of Venice Restaurant
28350 Main Road, Cutchogue
Special dinners for two:
• Classic Osso Buco served over Risotto Milanese.
• Jumbo lump crabmeat and lobster tail with a light saffron cream over roasted red pepper pasta
• Fresh red snapper with clams, mussels, tomatoes, capers and fingerling potatoes.
44780 Route 48, Southold
‘Sweetheart Specials,’ $24.95 per person, includes a glass of champagne:
• Choice of entree: Steak au Poivre served with baked potato; Flounder francaise served with mixed long-grain rice; Chicken Cordon Bleu served with mashed red potatoes. Dinners include fresh vegetables.
• Choice of dessert: Fresh strawberry; Decadent chocolate mousse.
Cuvee Bistro & Bar at Greenporter Hotel
326 Front Street, Greenport
Four-course dinner, early seating at 5:00 p.m. $39.00 per person; 7 and 9:00 p.m. seatings $50.00 per person.
• Salade de Cerisoles includes mesclun greens with Barolo-braised cherries garnished with candied pecans and balsamic reduction.
• Choice of appetizer: Bisque au legumes blancs d’hiver includes white root vegetables, caramelized shallots and fresh herbs blended into a velvety bisque and finished with white truffle oil; Pâté de la Maison includes our house made paté with local duck, port and black truffles and served with cornichons and Dijon garnish; Des huitres à la Nouveau Orleans includes crispy local oysters from Peconic Pearls and served on pillows of buttered brioche with a “Po” boy dijonaise.
• Choice of entree: Les Ravioles a l’hommard includes the lightest pockets of handmade Ravioli filled with chunks of fresh lobster and served with lobster coulis; Filet Mignon au jus avec tartelette de champignons includes cabernet-marinated filet mignon grilled to order and served au jus with a wild mushroom tartlette; Poulet aux amandes et roses includes a succulent chicken breast braised in a honey almond and rose sauce and served with wild-rice mushroom pilaf (adapted from Rose Quail recipe from the movie “Like Water for Chocolate”).
• Choice dessert: Le chocolat chaud includes our famous hot chocolate — a silky blend of the finest chocolate from Belgium, Italy and Mexico, finished with fresh cream and served with warm beignets; Crême brûlée Grand Marnier includes custard with crispy sugar top; Mousse au chocolat includes dark Belgian chocolate mousse, our own guiltless butter-free and cream-free recipe.