09/28/18 6:00am
09/28/2018 6:00 AM

Public service runs deep in Brian Mealy’s blood.

The born-and-bred Mattituck resident serves on the Mattituck-Cutchogue Board of Education, the Eastern Suffolk BOCES board and Peconic Green Growth, mentors young people and tutors ESL through Literacy Suffolk.

That’s all on top of working as a clerk at Floyd Memorial Library and Peconic Landing in Greenport. READ

09/27/18 6:00am
09/27/2018 6:00 AM

Mattituck Primary Care on Main Road held its grand opening ribbon-cutting ceremony last week, even though it actually opened in March. 

The practice wanted to wait for Dr. Kerry Murphy to return from Iraq, where she’d been deployed with the 106th Rescue Wing out of Westhampton Beach just as the practice officially opened.  READ

09/26/18 5:58am
09/26/2018 5:58 AM

On stages across the country, Aquebogue native Danielle Allen will soon go by a different name — Shprintze — as she joins the cast of the national tour of “Fiddler on the Roof.”

Just a week after graduating from Wagner College as a theater performance major, said Ms. Allen, 22, she discovered she’d gotten the part in a new revival. READ

09/19/18 6:00am
09/19/2018 6:00 AM

For Greenport native Chris Hamilton, the 29th Annual East End Maritime Festival signals the celebration of his heritage, and will also give him a platform for speaking about environmental issues that are close to his heart.

He will serve as the 2018 Grand Marshal and will lead the parade Saturday through Greenport Village.

“I’m happy to be able to represent my community. I’ve lived here pretty much my whole life,” Mr. Hamilton said. “To be able to represent Greenport, it’s an honor to do that.” READ

09/16/18 5:47am
09/16/2018 5:47 AM

For two decades, landscapes found on the East End have inspired plein air impressionist painter Max Moran.

Mr. Moran, a North Forker by way of Ohio and Martha’s Vineyard, found solace in the open fields and atmosphere he found when he moved to Baiting Hollow in 1996. “The North Fork had a New England feel about it. It was an agrarian culture. There was so much to mine,” he said during a recent interview at his Jamesport studio. READ

09/14/18 5:09pm
09/14/2018 5:09 PM

Kerriann Otaño and her fiancé, Dane Suarez, spent two years planning every detail of their perfect wedding. Ms. Otaño would walk down a long walkway from the house they rented for their bridal party onto North Topsail Beach on the North Carolina coast. (more…)